Created in 1969 by Laws of Florida, Chapter 69-835, the Bay County Law Library was established to provide “…a central law library for the use of county officials and the judges and officers of the several courts and the citizens of said county…”
Bay County Public Library
898 W. 11th Street
Panama City, FL 32401
Law Librarian Hours:
Monday (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
Tuesday – Friday (9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Walk ins welcome. Call to make an appointment at 850-522-2121.
The collection is non-circulating. Patrons are welcome to utilize the collection at the library during all open library hours.
Online Subscriptions and Collection
Westlaw® Subscription: includes, but not limited to, Case law, Statutory Law, Administrative Law, Primary and Secondary law, and forms at both State and Federal Level.
ProDocs®: Automated forms including, but not limited to, family law, probate, and guardianship.
Florida: Florida Statutes Annotated, Florida Cases, Florida Statutes, West’s Pleading & Practice Forms, West’s Legal & Business Forms, Florida Jur 2nd, FL Rules of Court and various procedural guides and treatises published by LexisNexis and West Publishing Co.
Federal: United States Code Annotated, Supreme Court Reporter, Federal Rules of Court, and various treatises published by LexisNexis and West Publishing Co.
How We May Assist You…
- direct you to preparatory information before a judicial proceeding or consultation.
- direct you to procedural information, rules, and forms necessary for self-representation.
- assist you with computer research.
We Can Not Assist You In….
- the interpretation of statutes, rules, or case law. This would be considered legal advice; ONLY an attorney may give you legal advice.
- determining the correct forms required by the appropriate Court.
- filling out legal forms.
- reviewing completed legal forms.